We have confirmed that several issues are currently occurring in the network mode.
Affected Platforms: PS4/PS5/Xbox Series X|S/Xbox One/Steam/Windows
Issue Details: (Updated 4/21/2023)
● Frequent network errors and the following issues occurring:
○ Unable to enter online lobbies or Player Match rooms
○ Unable to initiate matches from Duel Stations
● The following issues causing unintended behavior when a temporary dip in network performance occurs due to packet delay or packet loss in the standard player network environment:
○ Ping value of the network battle becoming an abnormal value
○ Game running unstable during network battles
Current Situation: (Updated 5/11/2023)
We have confirmed previously that there are several issues with the external service used for cross-platform support, resulting in problems with certain network communication processes that caused the issues described above.
We are currently working with related parties, and plan to release a patch to address these issues on May 25 (PT).
Sufficient time for testing is needed to ensure that no additional issues are caused by the many adjustments made not only to the Guilty Gear -Strive- game application but also to the external services involved. We appreciate your understanding.
Some news archive items were taken down on April 5 as a measure to reduce the network connection load. This has made some of the news backlog inaccessible as a result, but this is intended.
Until the issues are resolved, we ask players to avoid the following.
The following may help when experiencing difficulty with matchmaking either in a lobby or during Training Mode Matching.
We apologize again for the inconvenience caused.